NAIL ART TUTORIAL: RING AROUND THE ROSY

RATR5

We keep seeing this design again and again on our favourite tumblrs & we decided to finally give it a try. Despite the questionable (ahem…) name, the rim lined nails had to be our next challenge. This design is fairly difficult with extra attention having to be spent on clean even brush strokes & a good test of patience. We love the way it turned out and can’t wait to try it again!

Step 1: After applying a base coat, paint nails with 3 coats of Revlon – Dreamer. This colour is from their newly released line & is perfectly named. This colour has a cloud/dream-like quality to it, not too periwinkle not too powder blue. We have a feeling this colour will be in heavy rotation for us this spring.

Step 2: Using a thin nail art brush, begin painting China Glaze – Liquid Leather at the base of the nail. This creates a ruffian design, which is a style we’ve always love. Start to extend the lines up on the sides.

Step 3: Finish off the design by paiting the tip of the nail to complete the rim/ring. We love the contrast of the pastel Revlon shade against the sharp black. To complete the design we added a little bling – hot pink gems – at the base of nail. Seal in the whole design with a thick layer of top coat.

Check out some of our favourite rim nails here, here and here. There are a ton of variations that can be done with this design – this will not be the last time you see it from us. Let us know some of your must have shades & we will try to incorporate them in upcoming designs – share with us on Facebook & Twitter.

About these ads
Comments
11 Responses to “NAIL ART TUTORIAL: RING AROUND THE ROSY”
  1. Pam says:

I’ve seen it on tumblr too and I’ve wondered if it was too difficult, thanks:)

2. k Elizabeth says:

That is so cool. love it!

3. Airpan says:

I really like this! I found this yesterday and thought it looked really cool (one my muses http://nailartgallery.nailsmag.com/duchien/photo/260318/one-more-try)! Anyway, I think your spin on it is beautiful. :)

4. The World of Girl says:

Loved the post, it is adorable. Do you know any deisgns I can do with a metallic purple? I recently bought “No Means No” by Pure ICE, and was wondering if there were any deisgns I could do with it. ;)

5. Nancy MacDonald says:

This is amazing!!!

6. petitchat03 says:

definitely trying this with a nice light pink i have

7. seriously how do you come up with these looks?

8. Kaetee says:

I heart this so much

9. Cassie says:

If you don’t like the name ‘rim’ I usually call it ‘framing’. Less *cough cough!