NAIL ART TUTORIAL: BOLD & BRIGHT

BB5

For today’s tutorial we stuck to two of our favourites: stripes + ombre. We wanted to create a design that would be summer appropriate with an addition of black (our forever fave).

Step 1: After applying a base coat (we used CND – Toughen Up) paint nails with 2 coats of China Glaze – White on White. This creates a nice bright white base for our design.

Step 2: Using a makeup sponge in China Glaze – Flip Flop Fantasy begin creating an ombre design. Start heavy on the tip, getting lighter closer to the base. Method seen here, here & here. We love the way the electric pink shade pops against the white.

Step 3: Once your base has completely dried (wait a few extra mins or two) place 3 strips of nail art tape across each nail. Try to match the spacing for each nail so they are about the same distance between each other, making sure to secure on the sides of the nails. Using China Glaze – Liquid Leather paint one thicker coat across entire nail, painting over top of the pieces of tape.

Step 4: Again, wait a little bit longer then normal  and once the polish is set, peel off each piece of tape – pulling in the same direction to ensure smooth lines. Seal in the design with a coat of Seche Vite & you’re finished!

We really love how these turned out – the bright ombre underneath creates a great contrast with the solid black top. The variations that can be done with this design are endless – all neon, monochromatic, glitter, etc. The only downside to this design is the wait time, it definitely can’t be done on a short time frame – so pop in a good movie & take your time, nothing worse then peeling up the tape and the bottom layer coming with it (tears). What do you think of todays Bold & Bright tutorial? Let us know what you think on Twitter or Facebook.

About these ads
Comments
22 Responses to “NAIL ART TUTORIAL: BOLD & BRIGHT”
  1. Shubham Gupta says:

I don’t understand..what do you mean by pulling in the same direction? By the way, I LOVE THIS STYLE:D

2. This is gorgeous!!! Is giving me an idea for some new nail art! I find sometimes after applying the tape it takes off the polish. Not sure if I am not waiting long enough, or if it is the tape! Thanks for sharing!

3. Twilight Waterwish says:

I love these nails. Thank you for giving great nail design tips.

4. nice tutorial, I just shared it in tumblr!! :)

5. I LOVEEEE this look! Thanks for sharing!

6. Reblogged this on eyeblinkfashion and commented:
    Perfect nail art for the upcoming season!

7. Love this mani!!! I pinned it to my “Nails To Try” board on Pinterest! :D

8. samacwns says:

That’s really cool! I think I need some nail tape!

9. Maya O says:

Love this, defo going to give it a try! x

10. Abby says:

Fab!

11. Amaris M. says:

I love this! I’m definitely trying this in the near future :)

12. Melicious says:

Amay-Amay!!!!

13. Cleo says:

What if you don’t have stripe tape? Can thinly cut scotch tape work?

14. Abi says:

Whenever I use tape I use a quick dry topcoat (poshe) before I apply the tape – or i’d have to do the base the night before to make sure it was dry. I also pull the tape off 10 secs after applying the second coat of polish on top – it will pull if too tacky.

15. Love this. Must try this! Check out my blog plz. Lookin for blog friends. Im new here

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. [...] Unknown) (Source: Unknown) (Source: Unknown) (Source: Unknown) (Source & Tutorial: Polish You Pretty) (Source:Pshiiit.com – Her nails are amazing!) (Source + tutorial) My version – Thumb: [...]