NAIL ART TUTORIAL: YSL MONDRIAN

YSLM4

We finally got around to watching L’amour fou, not only did it showcase the absolutely beautiful work of YSL, you got to see an inside look of YSL’s personal art collection. One of the pieces stood out to us, so simple and modern, with a matching iconic frock aka the ‘Mondrian Day Dress’, inspired by artist Piet Mondrian.  We thought the bold colours and clean lines would be perfect for our next tutorial!

Step 1: After applying a base coat, paint nails a solid bright true white. Using 2 coats of CND Brillant White, the nails were fully opaque.

Step 2: Begin painting your square shapes – we used images of the portraits and dresses YSL created for the inspiration & placement. Using OPI Big Apple Red, American Apparel Mount Royal & China Glaze Happy Go Lucky paint the shapes on one half of the nail.

Step 3: Using black nail art tape (or painted scotch tape), place all lines across each nail to complete the look. We found it best to do all horizontal lines & then switch to vertical once those have been taped. Don’t forget to seal in your design with a top coat!

We LOVE how these turned out! These look quite impressive & they are actually fairly easy (always our fav)! This design could also be done using any colour combination & tape colour. What do you think of our YSL Mondrian nails? We’d love to hear from you on Twitter & Facebook!

About these ads
Comments
11 Responses to “NAIL ART TUTORIAL: YSL MONDRIAN”
  1. cosasdexikas says:

wowww me encantan te quedaron genial :D

2. Sophie says:

Gorgeous nails! So classy and chic!

Sophie

3. Bell says:

Well, I like the pictures that I took to publish it.Well, I like the pictures that I took to publish it.

4. happycille says:

love it !its like art .its is art <3:D

5. this is so fucking cool.

6. Fer hernandez says:

Love it so much!

7. Natasha says:

I’ve done tape manis before but I can’t seem to get the tape to stay on my nail for more than a few hours. Is it my topcoat? or is it the tape in general?

• we use specific nail art tape (you can find it online for super cheap). if we’re using painted scotch tape you need a strong top coat. we use seche vite and it works like a charm :)

8. i love this so much i think im going to give it a go now, i hope it looks as good as your pic.